Saturday 29 September 2007

Beans all in

Lost patience today with growing fennel in the vegie patch. It got shunted to a lonely bed behind the orange tree. Bush beans have taken their place. I planted climbing beans on a couple of tripods also. So we should have a nice crop of beans this summer. We are eating really tasty peas at the moment and the broccoli is holding on nicely. I was up at 5 this morning and in the vegie garden before any kids woke up and needed waiting on. Great strategy as it turned out. It's official - the calf is a girl.

1 comment:

Reality Raver said...

Being a country girl myself where a knowledge of all breeds of cows was prerequistie prior to starting public schools, I am bemused that it took you soo long to work out it sex?? Please explain

I am happy to give you a really nice veal parmigana recipe if you need it. Fennel goes nicely with veal as well.