Monday 5 November 2007

King Parrots Return

At long last the King Parrots are back with an eye for Doug's corn. I have a real soft spot for these enormous birds of red & green. Photo to follow soon. I missed the October meeting of the Local Orchid Society and the delicious supper that accompanies such past times. I really have a nostalgic love of these old customs that are now starting to disappear. I can make caramel tarts like the good ol' girls, but will I? Doug made a sensational pasta out of fresh baby green beans, bacon, cream, semi-dried toms and avocado, I will ask him very nicely to post the recipe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest assured that the "old custom" of "the delicious supper" is not dying out in the rural areas of the southern state. Went to a CFA BBQ information night last week - "please bring a plate"!! The biggest pavlova I've seen for a long time, butterfly cakes, choclate slices, apple cakes were featured on the very laden table. Supper at the local women's group is often the same.

Anonymous said...

I am afraid there is no CWA where I live, however their is a vibrant historical society, they are having a bring a plate xmas party.

Any suggestions to feed the over 75 year old palate. I am thinking trifle so the old dears don't have to chew much.

Anonymous said...

For the over 75 year olds -
Anything sweet with icing and lots of cream! Jelly cakes, double chocolate sponge is always the big hit!

They don't seem to have heard the health messages about eating healthy - or else they don't care. They just love it sweet - lucky them!

Fifi said...

Individual Bread & Butter Puddings always go down a treat, as does rhubarb and custard. Anything new-fangled like pita-bread wraps or sushi leave well alone.
Meatballs, from a good home made recipe with an awesome tomato or dijonnaise sauce would be okay.