Wednesday 31 October 2007

Tropical Storms & Lemongrass tea

At the moment I'm sitting in a downpour that has lasted 4 hours. It's really quite soothing and warm. It's like living in the tropics. There have been some major storms over the area of late. The thunder and lightning build up for most of the afternoon before putting the light show on at night. Almost all silk worms have hatched, and Doug carefully lifts them out to the Mulberry tree, however, sometimes he's not quick enough to catch them before Spring claims their attentions. I note with interest that Jamie Oliver has started his own back yard garden (okay a while ago) and he is providing inspiration. I have suggested a recipe section for Doug, but he regards me suspiciously. Any one for lemongrass tea? I can manage that.

4 comments:

Reality Raver said...

Has Grace eaten that delicious strawberry yet?

As a recent visitor to your house of tranquility I wish I was there to share your lemongrass tea with you.

Anonymous said...

We too have now had rain(Yes I said RAIN)- the real wet stuff. Not for four hours and I guess not a tropical storm but it was wonderful, over 35 mm when I last looked. This event can cause excitement when ones total rain fall for this year is 313mm and the last significant rain was in early July (19mm)! My garden looks so fresh and lush this morning. Today will be the day to pull out the rest of the offending weeds - the ground will now be so soft and make weeding easy. Then I can enjoy that cup of tea!

Allan said...

The garden and menagerie look fabulous. Something for us to aspire to at our place now we have new septic installed and 350m of irrigation lines. Right now though the chooks are loving the cleared dirt, and we only have 10 pathetic lettuce seedlings. Can't believe how bountiful you place looks.

Al

Fifi said...

Thank you Gardener & Al, I forget how different the climate can be in this nation.
We can't grow lettuce over summer, as they suffer too much from the heat. I will post some new photos after my prac finishes at the end of the week. xx